- Council news
- News blog
- Better Boilers scheme
- Bexley Great Weight Debate event - 26 April
- Temporary Parking & Access Restrictions - Albion Road, Bexleyheath
- Free Cycle Training Sessions
- Having a health check could save your life
- Change to the Council's corporate complaints procedure
- Bexley works with Sky news to highlight the need to recycle plastic
- Childcare survey for parents and childcare providers
- Sidcup Town Area Renewal
- Businesses open as usual in Wilton Road as works begin
- Rock salt and snow scoops
- Your year to learn
- The case for fairer funding
- Open your heart to fostering in Bexley
- Worried about debt?
- News alert email service
- Webcast meetings
- Extreme weather conditions
- Check for school closures in adverse weather and emergencies
Temporary Parking & Access Restrictions - Albion Road, Bexleyheath
13 February 2017: Improvement work will start on Monday 20 February to remove the central median on Albion Road, Bexleyheath, in front of the housing between Pincott Road and Victoria Road.
The traffic lane nearest to the central median will be closed to traffic, restricting the road to a single lane. During this period parking will not be possible along this section of Albion Road between house numbers 2 to 40 Albion Road and the Doctor's surgery. Residents who would normally park here overnight will need to use alternative parking in the side roads.
During the works, which will last five weeks, alternative arrangements will be in place for refuse collections to avoid delays to traffic whilst collection is in progress. This may involve the contractor moving bins to a single collection point on the scheduled day. The bins will have a sticker attached identifying the appropriate house number and they will be returned after emptying. Residents should leave their bins out as normal on their collection day.
Other issues such as delivery access to specific properties can be dealt with by the construction team if advanced notice is given. Residents can contact the team on
020 8303 7777, please ask to speak with a member of the BTCR construction team, or by emailing BTCR@bexley.gov.uk
The improvement works are part of the second phase of a major scheme, funded by Transport for London, to revitalise Bexleyheath town centre.
London Borough of Bexley apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may result during the implementation of these improvements.
- Communications Full Contact Details