- Recycling, rubbish and waste
- Garden Waste Service
- Food recycling service
- Changes to the food and garden waste service
- What can I recycle at home?
- Reuse and Recycling Centres
- When is my collection day?
- Reducing and reusing your waste
- Recycling campaigns and information
- Business waste and recycling
- School's Waste Action Club (SWAC)
- Bulky items
- Recycling Locator
- Community Champions
- Recycling App
Food recycling service
There is a free weekly food recycling service in Bexley. Food is collected in a food recycling box.
The food recycling box is for food recycling only and no garden waste can be added to this box.
The food recycling box should be locked when it is left out for collection. It can be locked by pulling the handle forward over the lid of the box.
If you have not received a food recycling box and your neighbours have, or if your food recycling box has not been emptied, contact us.
The 23 litre food recycling box is large enough to hold an average families weekly food recycling. However if you find that you are filling your box every week please complete the online form. Love food hate waste has advice on how to reduce your food recycling.
Using your food recycling box
- Line your kitchen caddy with paper bags, starch caddy bags or newspaper. Caddy bags has more information on lining your caddy
- Use your kitchen caddy for any peelings, leftover food or out of date food (please remove from the packaging)
- Transfer the food recycling into your external food recycling box
- Place your food recycling box out for collection on your normal collection. Your food recycling will continue to be collected weekly
The food recycling box has a lockable lid. To lock the lid please bring the handle forward.
In your food recycling box you can recycle:
- Cooked food
- Uncooked food
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Garden waste
- Plastic packaging
- Plastic bags
A kitchen caddy can be used to transfer food recycling waste to the food recycling box. If you do not have a caddy these are available from our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
- Garden Waste team Full Contact Details