Council tax is a charge made on all domestic properties to help pay for local services.
There is one bill for each home, whether it is a house, flat, bungalow, maisonette, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented. The bill may be reduced by entitlement to discounts or other reductions.
Council Tax Online
You can now set up a direct debit, inform us about moving, make a payment or check your account online.
Please note that the first time you access the service you will need to register. Some services require a PIN which will be sent to you by post, and will need to be input before your account can be accessed.
We may pass the information supplied to other agencies or organisations such as the Department for Work and Pensions and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to help us check your application and to prevent or detect fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
We may check the information you have provided, or information about you that someone else has provided, with other information we hold.
If you want to know more about what information we have about you, or the way we use your information you can ask the Council by telephoning 020 8303 7777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about how your data may be used in preventing or detecting fraud is available on National Fraud Initiative.
You can now apply for:
- A Single Person discount
- Advise a Single Person discount needs to be removed
- A Student discount or exemption
- A refund if your Council Tax account is in credit
- A payment arrangement to pay back Council Tax arrears
by completing an E-form. Please see the links below.
Council Tax flood relief
If your home has been significantly damaged by the severe winter floods between 1 December 2013 and 31 March 2014 you may be eligible for an exemption from Council Tax.
Please contact the Council Tax department stating:
- The date your property was affected by the flooding
- Is the property empty?
- If it is when did you move out?
- Your temporary address and contact details
- Information regarding any repair work that is being undertaken and when you expect to move back in
We will need to visit your property to see if you qualify for the relief. Each case is decided on its own merits.
Please note that you will not qualify if the damage was as a result from the failure of a water main, internal water systems or the failure of a sewerage system (unless the failure was itself caused by the adverse weather conditions).
- Register for Council Tax e-billing
- Apply for a Council Tax refund
- Request a payment arrangement to pay back Council Tax arrears
- Council Tax levels for 2014/15
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- Tell us about moving into your home
- Tell us about moving out of your home
- What to do when someone dies?
Exemptions and Discounts
- Am I entitled to a Council Tax discount?
- People with disabilities
- Apply for a single person discount
- Apply to remove a single person discount
- Apply for student exemption/discount
Paying by Instalments
The Government has decided to leave the default at 10 but has decided to grant council taxpayers the legal right to pay by 12 monthly instalments. If you wish to spread your payments over this period please let us know as soon as you receive the new Council Tax bill by emailing email@example.com.
Receive your bill electronically
Did you know that if all taxpayers received their council tax bills online it would save 4.7 tonnes of paper? This is equivalent to 80 trees. Help save paper by registering to receive your council tax bill online.