Search site

Longlands Primary School

Longlands Council School was opened by Kent County Council on Woodlands Road, Sidcup in October 1905.

In 1910 the school was enlarged with places for four hundred and ninety seven, boys, girls and infants. This number was unchanged in 1927 despite the rapid growth in the local population. Following the Education Act 1944 the School was renamed Longlands County Primary School. In 1965 it was transferred from Kent County Council to the new London Borough of Bexley. Thereafter it was known as Longlands Junior, Mixed and Infant School or Longlands Primary School. It has remained on the same site throughout its history.

Sources

Education in Bexley by L.A. Levy and L.M. Levy
Kelly's Directory of Kent 1911
Kelly's Directory of Kent 1927
Bexley Council Minutes 1965-2005 LALB/CA/1/1/1-54
School Managers Minutes 1905-1929 LAX/LGL/1/1-2
Governors Minutes 1930-1945 LAKC/DE/5/2/1-6
Governors Minutes 1965-1969 LALB/DE/5/1/7
Governors Minutes 1969-1979 LALB/DE/5/2/5
Governors Minutes 1979-1983 LALB/DE/5/3/13
Governors Minutes 1984-1988 LALB/DE/5/4/13
Estate Files 1961-1964 LAKC/DE/4/1/137