Search site

Hurst Primary School

Hurst Council Infant School was built in 1935 on Dorchester Avenue, Old Bexley.

The Junior School was opened in December 1936. In 1945 they were transferred from Kent County Council to the Borough of Bexley and renamed Hurst Junior School and Hurst Infant School. From 1965 they came under the new London Borough of Bexley. In 1984 the two departments were formally recognised as separate schools. The following year however they were combined into a single Hurst Junior, Mixed and Infant School or Hurst Primary School. The School has remained on the original site throughout its history.

Sources

Bexley Council Minutes 1945-1965 LABX/CA/1/20-38
Bexley Council Minutes 1965-2005 LALB/CA/1/1/1-54
Education Committee Minutes 1944-1965 LABX/CD/1/1-3
Education Committee Reports 1944-1965 LABX/CD/2/1-6
Governors Minutes 1935-1944 LAKC/DE/5/1/1-3
Governors Minutes 1945-1965 LABX/DF/5/1/1-3
Governors Minutes 1965-1969 LALB/DE/5/1/1
Governors Minutes 1969-1979 LALB/DE/5/2/3
Governors Minutes 1979-1982 LALB/DE/5/3/17
Governors Minutes 1983-1988 LALB/DE/5/4/17
Estate Files 1931-1964 LAKC/DE/4/1/13-14