- Council tax
- Benefits and welfare rights
- Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
- Neighbourhood Services
- New resident information
- Changes to benefits
- Local Welfare Provision
- Community advice
- Housing benefit
- Community safety strategy
- Youth crime and prevention
- Domestic violence and finding a safe home
- Drug and Alcohol Action Team
- Drug and alcohol services for Bexley
- The Localism Act 2011
- About Bexley
- Your community
- Hot tips for cold snaps
- Top tips for tough times
- Street parties
- Places of worship
Benefits and welfare rights
Everyone is likely to qualify for some kind of welfare benefit or tax credit at sometime, yet thousands of people don't claim what they are entitled to.
There are many benefits available that you may not be aware that you are entitled to claim. So for a FREE benefit check you can contact the two organisations mentioned (further details below). They have specialist advisers who can help and who can visit you at home.
Age Concern (Bexley)
Grassington Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 6BY
Tel: 020 8300 0883
Fax: 020 8300 2495
Opening times: Mon-Fri 10am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4pm
Provides welfare rights advice, help with form filling and advocacy to older people.
Carers Support (Bexley)
The Manor House, Grassington Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 6BY
Tel: 020 8302 8011 (24 hr answerphone)
Fax: 020 8300 3002
Opening times: Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5pm
Welfare rights and tax credit advice to friends and relatives who care for someone else. Home visits can be arranged.
The service provided by these organisations is supported by the Community Legal Services Partnership and has produced a series of advice leaflets and posters.
The following leaflets can be downloaded as PDFs from the right hand menu:
- Claim it! It's Yours!- How to get help if you are eligible to claim additional benefits, allowances and tax credits
- Housing, Council Tax Benefit and Pension Credit - This leaflet tells you about Pension Credit for people over 60. It also tells you how Pension Credit affects your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit
- Employment problems?- This leaflet tells you where to go to get help with your employment problems
- Housing problems? - This leaflet tells you where to go to get help with your housing problems
- Family problems? - This leaflet tells you where to go for legal and other help if you are having relationship problems or you need legal advice regarding children
The following poster can be downloaded as a PDF from the right hand menu.
- Pension credit
- Customer Services Full details for Customer Services