- Strategy 2014 - Meeting the challenge
- Strategy 2014 news releases
- Strategy 2014 news releases issued 2011
- 1 March 2011 - Council's Cabinet recommends Council Tax freeze
- 17 March 2011 - Deadline set for community groups wishing to take on libraries
- 25 May 2011 - Changes to Sunday and evening car park charges
- 6 June 2011 - Bexley and Bromley move a step closer to sharing library services
- 6 June 2011 - Focus on core service means mobile library service may end
- 12 August 2011 - Library opening hours set to change
- 17 October 2011 - Shared services library date brought forward
- 19 December 2011 - Community group to manage Bexley Village Library
17 October 2011 - Shared services library date brought forward
Plans for the London Boroughs of Bexley and Bromley to share back office and management functions across their library services are due to be finalised much earlier than expected.
The merger of the two services, that will streamline the back office function and minimise the requirement for changes to front line library service across both boroughs, was due to become official in April 2012. The smooth running of the project has resulted in the official start date being moved forward to January 2012.
Bexley's Cabinet Member for Leisure, Cllr Peter Catterall said; "This has been a complex and path-breaking project for both Boroughs, but the rapid progress made shows what can be achieved with clear objectives, determination and hard work by all involved."
The changes reflect the Council's aim to achieve savings on running costs to Bexley's library service whilst avoiding damaging customer services or having to consider closure of branch libraries.