- Schools and colleges
- School admissions
- School Place Planning
- School term and holiday dates
- Bexley Education Improvement Partnership
- Early Intervention Teams (EITs)
- Catering in schools
- Exclusion of pupils in schools
- School Governors
- School - information and advice
- Schools - special educational needs
- School statistics
- Travelling people - support for children
Early Intervention Teams (EITs)
The Early Intervention Teams (EITs) in Bexley were set up in September 2009 to work with Bexley schools supporting children aged 3-16 who need extra help to thrive in school. There are four Early Intervention Teams covering all local authority linked schools in Bexley, and each team serves a cluster of schools geographically located in different parts of Bexley. All teams are based at the Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath. The team also work in some of the academies.
Each team is staffed by the following specialists:
- A Team Manager (responsible for two teams)
- Educational Psychologists
- Behaviour Support Partners (including a Pupil Support Assistant)
- Education Welfare Officers
- AEN/SEN Partners
- SEN Advice and Moderation Partners
- Social Workers
Prior to September 2009 the above professionals were based separately and a decision was made to co-locate them into multi-disciplinary teams.
The EITs were created in order to deal more effectively with the following:
- Children whose lack of progress at school stems from a number of different interrelated factors, that ideally should be addressed in a co-ordinated way
- Dealing with issues as soon as possible, to prevent more serious problems developing
- To help schools and teaching staff with problem-solving and to provide specialist guidance and support where this is needed. This will, at times, include training for school staff
As well as dealing with children and families in terms of early intervention, team members will also work with such matters as supporting the statementing process, working with children in danger of exclusion, and those with serious attendance problems. EIT team members are also involved with a variety of projects and initiatives within Bexley, and some are undertaking research projects within their area of expertise.
Links with other services
EIT team members form strong networks with a variety of other professional across the statutory and voluntary sectors such as CAMHS, Parenting Support groups, the Complex Needs Team, and Moorings. They also work with other departments within Bexley council such as social care and the Behaviour and Attendance Team.
Some Educational Psychologists also undertake other duties outside of the Early Intervention Team structure including working with pre-school children, looked after children and those who are on the Autistic Spectrum.
Please see the PDF's under related downloads for more information about the work of the Early Intervention Teams.
The service guide contains a full set of documentation that schools and academies will need when referring to the Early Intervention Team.
For further information please contact the Team Managers.
- Early Intervention Team Full details for Early Intervention team