How do I pay my council tax?
Direct debit is the easiest and most cost effective way of paying. You now have the choice of paying by direct debit on 1, 15 and 25 day of the month.
You can set up a direct debit by visiting the Online Services for council tax, business rates and housing benefits.
You will be informed of any payment changes at least 10 working days before they are collected. You stay in complete control and benefit from guaranteed safeguards. To find out more about the benefits please visit the BACS general public website.
You can also pay:
- Pay your council tax online - payment can be made online using London Borough of Bexley's secure site. Please note that we only accept debit cards for council tax payments, not credit cards
- Touch Tone Telephone Payment Service - Dial 0203 045 5200 and follow the instructions to make an automated payment using your touchtone telephone. Payment can be made using your debit card. Please note, we do NOT accept credit card payments
- Libraries - You can pay at any library in the borough by debit card. We do NOT accept credit card payments. Please see the related link on the right for further information on the location and opening times of the libraries.
- By post to London Borough of Bexley, PO Box 367, Town Hall, Erith, Kent, DA8 1UA. Please make cheques payable to 'London Borough of Bexley' and either write your reference number on the reverse of your cheque or enclose a payment book slip with each payment
- At a NatWest Bank - payment can be made by cash or cheque, free of charge at any Nat West bank within the borough. There are branches in Bexleyheath, Northumberland Heath and Sidcup
- At a bank or building society - a fee may be payable for this service. Please check before undertaking a transaction
- By telephone banking - You must quote your council tax reference and the following Council bank details:
Sort code 51-70-14
Account no. 21101183
- Post Office - Take the bill or payment book to the Post Office ensuring that you have allowed three days for the payment to reach the council's bank. PO Counters Ltd will make a standard payment charge for the transaction.