- Housing support
- Homeless or facing eviction from a property
- Mortgage arrears and repossession advice
- Social housing
- Renting a room or property
- Moving house
- Rough sleeping
- Asylum seekers
- Older persons housing service
- Staying Put
- Disabled persons housing service
- Affordable home ownership options
- Information for landlords
- Housing conditions and property licences
- Housing strategy
- Bexley Housing Association Group (BEXHAG)
Homeless or facing eviction from a property
The Council can provide advice and assistance about Housing but does not have to give every homeless person a home.
If you are homeless, facing eviction or repossession of your property, there are services that can help whether you are a housing association tenant, private tenant or homeowner. Complete the Housing support form as soon as possible and the Council will get in touch to discuss your options.
Homelessness advice, assistance and support
If you are experiencing housing difficulties, it is important that you seek advice and assistance as soon as possible. The London Borough of Bexley's Housing support has developed a range of services to help you. Our key aim is to work with you to try and prevent homelessness and enable you to stay in your existing home. Where this is not possible, we will assist you in finding alternative accommodation to suit your family's housing need. In order to do this, it is important that you seek advice as early as possible, before your housing issue becomes a crisis.
Trained Housing Prevention and Assessment Officers are located at the Council Offices in Bexleyheath and can offer advice and assistance to help you find a solution to your problems.
Please visit Housing support to find out more.
We can offer advice directly or signpost you to organisations able to advise you on the following matters.
- Legal advice and legislation
- Financial support and budgeting
- Welfare benefits
- Support with addiction
- Relationship breakdown
- Private tenant served with Notice to Quit
- Social housing tenants in rent arrears
- Tenants linked with employment
- Private rented accommodation
- Affordable housing
- Renting a room
- Floating support
- Customer Services Full details for Customer Services