Our small team of experienced Handypersons will visit and carry out small repairs and adaptations to the homes of Bexley residents who are over the age of 60 and/or in receipt of a disability benefit.
- Need help with your housing or you are homeless
- Homeless or facing eviction from a property
- Social housing
- Housing support
- Renting a room or property
- Moving house
- Rough sleeping
- Asylum seekers
- Older persons housing service
- Staying Put
- Disabled persons housing service
- Affordable home ownership options
- Information for landlords
- Housing conditions and property licences
- Housing strategy
- Bexley Housing Association Group (BEXHAG)
A Home Improvement Agency for older, vulnerable and disabled residents of Bexley, offering help and advice on home repairs, improvement and adaptations.
Staying Put aim to help people remain in their own homes in comfort and safety and can offer the following:
- A visit to your property by a Caseworker to advise on any home improvements and repairs necessary.
- Advice on the best way of funding the work including assistance with Local Authority grants and loans.
- Help to homeowners who have the financial resources to carry out repairs but are put off because they are unable to find a builder they can trust or because they are unsure of what repairs are needed.
- Help to obtain free estimates from reputable builders approved by Staying Put.
- Ongoing support if you have work carried out to your property by one of our approved contractors.
- Our Technician or Surveyor will charge to prepare drawings and specifications for larger building works and adaptations.
For further information about this service, please contact Staying Put (see right hand menu).
You can also download a copy of the leaflet' Staying Put' from the right hand menu.
This grant is available to carry out urgent health and safety repairs to properties. The grant is up to a maximum of £3000 over a three year period.
An interest free loan is available to vulnerable homeowners to carry out urgent health and safety repairs to their properties.
Grants are awarded to provide home security measures for people who are victims of crime or who live in fear of crime.
There are various energy efficiency schemes running throughout the year, including Bexley Warm Homes Scheme and the Government Warm Front Scheme.