Home Repairs Assistance Grant
This grant is available to carry out urgent health and safety repairs to properties. The grant is up to a maximum of £3000 over a three year period.
The grant is subject to the following conditions:
- The applicant must have an owners interest in the property (which means that they must own or partly own, the freehold) or have a tenancy of which not less than 10 years remain unexpired at the date of the application.
- It is a condition of the grant that a Local Land Charge is registered against the property for ten years requiring that if the property is sold or transferred or occupied by anyone not currently living at the property within the ten year period, the full amount of the grant is repaid to London Borough of Bexley.
- To qualify for assistance the applicant must:
- Be aged over 60, or over the age of 18 and in receipt of a disability benefit;
- Be an owner-occupier or private tenant, or a person who occupies the dwelling under right of exclusive occupation granted for his life or for a period of more than five years, with a repairing obligation;
- Reach a score of 35 points based on the scoring system on the attached table. Please see the Home Repair Grant and Loan Scoring Table on the right hand menu. The score to be achieved may be varied at the discretion of the Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Education and Community Services in exceptional circumstances - and based on the demand and the resources available.
For more information or to access these grants please contact Staying Put (see right hand menu)