Benefits of recycling
The national Recycle at Work campaign which is sponsored by WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme) found the following benefits to recycling which The London Borough of Bexley can help businesses to take advantage of.
- Recycling is a cost-effective method of dealing with your waste, simply because it is often cheaper when compared with general waste disposal. In many cases, businesses have been able to save money on services like paper recycling.
- Fact: 97% of businesses are satisfied with their recycle at work scheme!
It's easy to do
- Recycling at work is straightforward and easy to do. Simply separate the recyclable materials from your other waste and place them in the containers provided.
- Fact: An amazing 93% of companies who join a recycle at work scheme say it's easy to implement and maintain.
It saves space and can reduce clutter
- Recycling often reduces clutter and improves the working environment. Less clutter also means increased safety around the workplace.
- Fact: Over a quarter of companies who recycle at work said saving space was a motivating factor in joining the scheme.
It feels good to do
- The feel good factor of recycling at work is undeniable. Of the 556 businesses nationally who took part in the first phase of the Recycle at Work scheme, nearly half identified employee morale as the best reason to undertake a recycling scheme. 82% stated that their people needed no encouragement when it came to recycling their waste!
- But to help you even more, Bexley can help you access a range of display and guidance materials to tell your employees all about recycling and show them what they need to do.
- Fact: Over a third of businesses involved said recycling had improved their reputation within the local community.
It's good for the environment
- Taking part in the Recycle at Work scheme will help you reduce the environmental impact of your business.
- Recycling or composting your waste materials means they can be used again in new products and applications, instead of simply going to landfill where they generate harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Recycling at work is the sensible, sustainable thing to do.
- Fact: On average, every person in the UK throws away their own body weight in rubbish every 7 weeks!
- Waste team Full details for Waste team