- Council news
- News releases
- News archive 2012
- News - July 2012
- Official launch for Bexley Mayor's Charity
- Greater independence and integration into the community for adults with learning disabilities
- Council urges energy companies to look at costs
- The search is on for local heroes
- Huge welcome for the Olympic Flame in Bexley
- Bexley's road casualties drop
- Hygiene ratings for food businesses in Bexley now available online
- Council invites views on its new complaints procedure
- Stories from around the world will inspire children during this summer's reading challenge
- Work begins in earnest on Sidcup's £1.8m investment programme
- Important changes to Olympic Evening Celebration event Danson Park Sunday 22 July
- Bexley in Bloom is a bloomin' success
- Council considers changes to housing policies
- Keeping the streets clear
- Great British spirit shines through at Danson Festival
- Partners invite comments on south Thamesmead regeneration framework
- Pre-planning consultation for Slade Green community facility proposals
- Bexley achieves seventh place at the London Youth Games
- 'We want Waitrose' campaign gains celebrity backing
Pre-planning consultation for Slade Green community facility proposals
9 July 2012
Residents and community groups are being invited to comment on proposals for the new community facility in Slade Green, as part of a pre-planning consultation process.
The proposed plans have been developed with feedback from residents and community groups who use the Howbury Centre, following public engagement, a public exhibition and a series of meetings with local stakeholders.
Following this consultation, a planning application will be submitted in August 2012.
Cllr Linda Bailey, Cabinet Member for Economic Development & Regeneration said:
"The feedback received from residents and community groups has been vital in shaping these plans, to ensure the new community centre delivers what local people need. These proposals reflect the community's wish for flexible, high quality facilities, which will be sustainable in the long term."
Consultation will run from Monday 16 July to Friday 27 July 2012. The proposals will be on display in the entrance to the Slade Green library during this two week period. They will also be available online at www.bexley.gov.uk/communityfacility from 16 July.
Further discussions with the Howbury Centre's community groups will continue.
Officers from the London Borough of Bexley will be available to answer questions about the proposals on Monday 16 July from 10am to 7pm and Thursday 19 July from 3pm to 7pm. Mouchel, the design team, will also be available on Monday 16 July.
Comments can be given on paper or online. Copies of the questionnaire will be available at Slade Green Library. The survey is also available online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/communityfacility
The proposed community facility will be funded by the London Borough of Bexley, as part of an £8 million investment in Slade Green. The programme will also see Slade Green Infant and Junior Schools expanded and refurbished, in order to create new pupil places.
- Communications Full details for Communications