- Council news
- News releases
- News archive 2012
- News - September 2012
- Council invites residents to question Thames Water
- Ready for winter
- Bexley's Parking Consultation is off to a flying start
- Library volunteers commended
- Be inspired...and join in
- Planning permission granted for specialist school
- Mindless vandals deface war memorial
- Inclusive Sport in Bexley
- Bexleyheath is changing
- Have your say on Bexley's parking priorities
Have your say on Bexley's parking priorities
3 September 2012
The London Borough of Bexley is inviting comments on the future of parking in the borough.
The Council is asking fundamental questions about who should provide parking, how and why. The consultation is in response to significant economic challenges around our town centres and other key employment locations, and also in support of new opportunities.
Views will be sought on a range of issues such as how the provision of parking can remain financially sustainable and if priority should be given to particular groups of users or locations. The aim is to understand what matters most to local people and to confront some of the challenges and conflicts in types of demand and provision.
The comments received will help to form a new parking strategy and action plan, which will also be subject to consultation.
Cllr Gareth Bacon, Cabinet Member for Environment and Public Realm said: "Parking is an issue that affects everyone and is particularly important in Bexley, where we are heavily reliant on our cars. Understandably, people feel strongly about parking issues and we are keen to have an informed public debate about what can be difficult and complex matters. I would urge residents and businesses to get involved in this important consultation, and help us shape the future of parking in Bexley."
Consultation on the proposals runs from Monday 10 September to Friday 30 November 2012. Information on the proposals will be available at www.bexley.gov.uk/parkingreview
Feedback can be given in a number of ways:
• online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/parkingreview
• by emailing email@example.com
• by filling out the questionnaire and posting it to: London Borough of Bexley, Strategic Planning and Transportation, Hill View, Hill View Drive, Welling, Kent DA16 3RY
• by attending one of the five consultation events: -
Friday 21 and Saturday 22 September, 10am - 4pm: Broadway Shopping Centre, Bexleyheath
Wednesday 3 October, 10am - 4pm: 9-11 High Street, Sidcup
Wednesday 17 October, 10am - 4pm: Sainsbury's Supermarket, Crayford
Friday 02 November, 10am - 4pm: Erith Riverside Shopping Centre, Erith
Monday 12 November, 10am - 4pm: Morrisons Superstore, Welling
The consultation document will be available from Bexley libraries, from Council offices, at each of the consultation events, or on request.
Responses should be provided by Friday 30 November 2012.