- Council news
- News releases
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities with the Council
- Council publications
- Media and publicity - Communicating with the public
- News alert email service
- Public Notices
- London Borough of Bexley - Making lives better
- Setting the record straight
Media and publicity - Communicating with the public
Bexley has a well-established and proactive approach to communicating with its residents, partners and the wider world.
The Council uses a large range of media, from traditional print and advertising, to electronic, social and interactive media. Its main direct communication with residents is the Bexley Magazine, which is published four times a year and delivered to every home and business in the borough.
Further information on how the Council communicates can be found by following links in the right hand menu.
Through communications, the Council seeks to:
- Promote awareness of its activities and services and how to use them
- Promote mutual understanding between the Council and those with whom it has contact, influencing attitudes and behaviour in support of specific policies and programmes
- Encourage public participation in the Council's decision and policy-making processes
- Promote Bexley as an attractive place to live and work
The Council is keen to keep in touch with the local community. The views of local people are valuable to the Council's policy, decision-making and improvement process. The Council also wants to ensure that the community has an understanding of what it is trying to achieve, along with the constraints within which it works.
We welcome comments about the Council's communications. Please send us your views using the contact details on the right.