- Council news
- Councillors, democracy and elections
- Council budgets and spending
- Jobs and careers
- Making a comment, compliment or complaint
- Customer services
- Data protection and freedom of information
- Dealing with emergencies
- Information Observatory
- Consultations and other ways to get involved
- The community right to challenge
- ICT services
- Council Website
- Council departments
- Staff Thanks and Recognition Scheme
The London Borough of Bexley is committed to providing excellent customer service.
Improving customer service is at the heart of the Bexley First programme and will be reflected in the Council's overall strategy going forward. Cabinet approved, at its meeting on 8 December 2009, a new Customer Services Strategy. Please use the link provided in the right hand menu to read the new Strategy.
The aim of the new Customer Service Strategy is to:
Deliver improved and more efficient customer services.
This will be achieved for our residents and businesses through the following strategic themes:
- Listening to and putting our customers first
- Delivering services to clear customer service standards
- Recognising good customer service and effectively resolving things when they go wrong
- Providing our customers with a wider range of services from the Front Office
- Increasing self service
- Improving access to services
- Resolving a greater range of enquiries at the first point of contact
- Developing and investing in well trained and motivated customer focused staff
The strategy is supported by a customer service development plan (pages 12 - 14), new customer service standards (page 3) and an improved complaints procedure (page 4).
The new customer service standards, which will be implemented between April and October 2010 are:
- Answering the telephone - We will answer all calls within 20 seconds, and respond to your call effectively. Where this is not possible we will transfer you to someone to help or take a message
- Contact online - We will respond to your request within two working days. Where this is not possible we will acknowledge your message clearly stating when a full response will be provided
- Response time to letters and emails - We will respond to letters and email correspondence within five working days of receipt. Where this is not possible, an acknowledgement will be sent clearly stating when a full response will be provided.
- Direct contact - We will deal with your visit in a efficient and effective manner and keep wait times to a minimum.