- Housing benefit
- Benefit for pensioners
- Discretionary housing payments
- Housing association tenants
- How much will I receive?
- Information for landlords
- Pension Credit
- Tax credits
- Who can apply for help?
- Working age claimants
- Local Housing Allowance
- New Rules for Housing Association Tenants from April 2013
- The Welfare Benefits Cap
What happens if I live with a close relative and they charge me rent?
If you live with one of the following people and they are also your Landlord you cannot claim housing benefit:
- a parent, step-parent or parent-in-law
- brother or sister
- son, son-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, step-son, step-daughter, or partner of any of the previously mentioned people
- Benefits office Full details for Benefits office