- Planning Strategy
- Supplementary and other planning documents
- Thamesmead and Abbey Wood SPD
- Lamorbey Planning Brief SPD
- Sustainable design and construction guide SPD
- Affordable housing SPD
- Design for living - Bexley's residential design guide
- Bexleyheath Civic Offices Planning Brief SPD
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment - Level 2
- Howbury Regeneration Brief
- Hill View, Welling
- Manor Road (North West) Site F Planning Brief
- Pirelli Plus Planning Brief
- Upper College Farm and Mill Meadows Planning Brief
- Article 4 Direction to restrict Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
Design for living - Bexley's residential design guide
As part of its Local Development Framework, the London Borough of Bexley prepared a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) on the design of residential development across the borough.
Design for Living: Bexley's residential design guide, was adopted on 21 January 2006, together with the final report of the sustainability appraisal and the statement of consultation.
The document sets out advice for achieving high quality design in residential developments, and replaces Bexley's UDP (2004) Design and Development Control Guideline 1: New Residential Development, please see the PDF's under related downloads.
The London Plan: consolidated with alterations since 2004 (February 2008)
The consolidated London Plan was published on 19 February 2008.
This document forms part of Bexley's Development Plan and is therefore relevant to the determination of planning applications within the borough. A number of new or amended policies have been introduced which will now take precedence over some existing policies and guidance within the adopted UDP and SPDs.
The Council will issue addendums to the documents affected as soon as possible. In the meantime if you have any questions or queries on this matter please contact the LDF team.
Further information concerning the previous consultation and draft documents can be viewed on the Council's 'Design for Living consultation' under related downloads.