- Planning Policy
- Local Development Framework
- Other LDF Documents
- Thamesmead and Abbey Wood SPD
- Lamorbey Planning Brief SDP
- Planning Obligations Guidance SPD
- Sustainable design and construction guide SDP
- Bexleyheath Civic Offices Planning Brief SDP
- Affordable housing SDP
- Design for living - Bexley's residential design guide
- Erith Area Action Plan
- Open Space Strategy
Affordable housing SDP
As part of its Local Development Framework, the London Borough of Bexley prepared a supplementary planning document (SPD) to guide developments within the borough that may include the provision of affordable housing.
Bexley's Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document was adopted on 9 March 2006, together with the final report of the sustainability appraisal and the adoption statement.
The document is intended to clarify and support the affordable housing policies contained within the 2004 Unitary Development Plan. It is therefore a material consideration when the Council considers planning applications that may include the provision of affordable housing.
The formula used to calculate developers' contributions towards the provision of Affordable Housing (Appendix 1) was revised in 2009. The revised version is available as a separate document. Links to the documents appear in the right hand menu of this webpage.
Addendum (June 2009)
In light of changing circumstances, the London Borough of Bexley has modified its approach to transfer values from that set out in paragraphs 3.16, 3.18 and Appendix 1 of the adopted version of its Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document. Please select the link on the left to download the Addendum.
The London Plan: consolidated with alterations since 2004 (February 2008)
The consolidated London Plan was published on 19 February 2008.
This document forms part of Bexley's Development Plan and is therefore relevant to the determination of planning applications within the borough. A number of new or amended policies have been introduced which will now take precedence over some existing policies and guidance within the adopted UDP and SPDs.
The consolidated London Plan can be viewed using the website link provided on the right. The Council will issue addendums to the documents affected as soon as possible.
In the meantime if you have any questions or queries on this matter please contact the LDF team.
Further background information and draft documents are available on our 'Affordable housing consultation' webpage - a link to this has been provided on the right.
- Affordable Housing (adopted) [2Mb]
- Regulation 18 Statement for Affordable Housing supplementary planning document [216kb]
- Sustainability Appraisal report - Affordable Housing (final) [457kb]
- Formula for provision of affordable housing - Revised 2009 [121kb]
- Affordable Housing SPD addendum January 2012 [136kb]
- LDF team Full details for LDF team