Erith Western Gateway
The Erith Western Gateway is a collection of 13 sites that are located within an identified area west of Erith town centre.
This area has been subject to a number of consultations and regeneration strategies, most notably the "EWG Planning Brief" and "EWG Renaissance Strategy" adopted on 19 January 2004 and the Urban Design Study.
What is happening in the Erith Western Gateway?
London Borough of Bexley and its partners are seeking to create a sustainable riverside community delivering a broad mix of homes, employment, retail and leisure uses. The Council is committed to achieving the highest standards of design excellence and, with the support of the Home and Communities Agency, is aiming to set new standards for redevelopment and regeneration in the area.
Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) Consultation
A new Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) outlining Bexley's vision for the Erith Western Gateway has been out for public consultation; the consultation ended on 11 April. To view the draft documents, please go to the SPD page.
A new Bulletin has also been published, providing recent news about developments in the Erith Western Gateway. Please see the link under Related Media.
Please check this website for links to regular updates.
- Erith Western Gateway - Spring Bulletin 2011 [549kb]
- Erith Western Gateway - renaissance strategy [4Mb]
- EWG Questionnaire - snapshot of responses 2007 [215kb]
- Erith Western Gateway - urban design study [15Mb]
- Erith Western Gateway Bulletin No 4 - preferred developer selected [1Mb]
- Erith Western Gateway Bulletin No 3 - ideas from shortlisted developers [718kb]
- Erith Western Gateway Bulletin No 2 - shortlisted developers [618kb]
- Erith Western Gateway Bulletin No 1 - Erith Western Gateway goes live [431kb]
- Erith Western Gateway - stage 2 brief [2Mb]
- Erith Western Gateway - stage 1 brief [3Mb]
Programme Manager Full details for Sunny Ee