- Councillors, elections and democracy
- Elections and voting
- Electoral register
- Register to vote
- Election types and frequency
- Eligibility to vote at different types of elections
- Polling stations
- Voting at a polling station
- Election expenses
- Election boundaries
- Elections previous results
- Standing for election
The electoral register (which is also known as the register of electors, the electoral roll and the voters' roll) is a list of those entitled to vote at elections.
The law requires the Electoral Registration Officer to publish two versions of the register:
- The full electoral register, which lists the names and addresses of everyone registered to vote
- The open (formerly known as the edited register) which omits the names and addresses of those electors who have requested on their applications to register that their names be excluded from this version. The law requires that the open/edited register must be made available for purchase by anyone for a statutory fee. Such recipients are then permitted to use the information for whatever purposes they choose
A fully revised version of the electoral register is published by 1 December each year. This revision takes account of all changes notified during the annual registration canvass that takes place each autumn.
Those applying for registration under the 'rolling registration' process (between December and August each year) will be included on the notice of alteration to the register which is published on the 1st of the month following approval of their application.
The electoral register is available for public inspection under supervision at the Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7AT between the hours of 9:30am and 4pm on normal working days.
If you wish to withhold your details from the open register or have your details reinstated in it, please contact Electoral Services (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
To withhold your details from the open register or to register online visit GOV.UK - Register to vote.
- Electoral Services Full Contact Details