- Councillors, elections and democracy
- Agendas, reports and decisions
- Civic Recognition Awards
- Councillors - allowances
- Councillors - information and advice
- Elections results 2010
- Elections and voting
- Elections - electoral register
- Greater London Authority elections - 3 May 2012
- Petitions for directly elected Mayor
- Register of Members' Interests
- Elected representatives
- Overview and Scrutiny
Overview and Scrutiny
Overview and Scrutiny Committees investigate local issues and make recommendations to improve services to residents in the Borough.
In addition to overseeing Council services, Overview and Scrutiny Committees are responsible for looking into local health services issues and crime and disorder.
The Overview and Scrutiny function at Bexley Council
Bexley's committee structure includes seven independent committees, which reflect the responsibilities of the Council Directorates. Each Committee has 12 elected Members and some committees have additional or co-opted members from external organisations.
The Committees are as follows:
Adults' Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Children's Services and Education Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Crime and Disorder Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Environment and Leisure Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Finance and Corporate Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Public Realm, Community Safety, Economic Development and Regeneration Overview and Scrutiny
The main functions of Overview and Scrutiny Committees are to: -
- Review, examine and develop the Council's services and make recommendations to the Cabinet on future policies.
- Consider any matter affecting the economic, environmental or social well being of Bexley residents.
- Review executive decisions made by the Cabinet and Call-In (suspend) any decision made but not yet implemented for reconsideration.
- Consider matters referred to the Committee as a Councillor Call for Action. These are items that Ward Councillors have referred to the appropriate Committee because they feel all other reasonable steps have been taken to resolve the issue.
- Scrutinise the impact of the work of other agencies and the NHS
- Establish small Sub-Groups to conduct in-depth topic reviews
- Carry out "reality checking" by visiting services, establishments or locations across the Borough.
- Oversee and scrutinise the performance of the Council and other partner organisations to improve services provided to Bexley residents.
By referring to the left hand menu you can find links to our completed scrutiny reviews and find out how you can get involved by making a suggestion for a review. Other useful links are also
By referring to the right hand menu you can find the Scrutiny Team's contact details.
- Scrutiny team Full details for Scrutiny team