- Children and families
- Children and family care services
- Advice and support for children in care
- After school and holiday services
- Back chat
- Children's and Young People's Services (CYPS)
- Child care social work service (east and west child care units)
- Children living in care
- Safeguarding children
- Education and social care - partners information
- Directory and map of services for children and families
- Disabled children's service
- Family services - supporting families
- Improved information sharing and management
- Improving Bexley's child protection services
- Looked After Children's Rights
- Supporting young people leaving care
- The Youth Engagement Service (YES)
Looked After Children's Rights
Independent advocacy services for Bexley's looked after children and care leavers.
Independent advocacy services for Bexley's looked after children and care leavers is provided by NYAS. NYAS is a charity based organisation that specialises in advocacy services for looked after children and young people.
Bexley's NYAS Senior Advocate is Karen Colverson, Karen provides a service which aims to:
- Support children and young people to speak up for themselves, or presenting their wishes and views for them.
- Help children and young people to make informed choices.
- Provide advice, assistance and support for children and young people.
In addition to the above, when a missing looked after child/young person returns, they should be offered the opportunity to talk to an independent advocate.
How to contact NYAS
Should the child/young person or another adult, on the child/young persons behalf want to contact NYAS, this can be done by:
- Telephone free phone number 0300 330 3131. A helpline adviser will then inform Karen.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org