Public protection services make Bexley a better place by improving housing, the environment, consumer interests and public safety.
We do this by:
- Providing a range of quality services appropriate to the needs of local businesses, residents and visitors
- Ensuring that our services are accessible to all
General enquiries can be made to Bexley's Trading Standards team. You will find the links you need in the right hand menu.
How do we ensure that improvements are made?
We use a variety of methods to secure improvements. The range of options and when they may be used are set out in our PDF document 'Development and public protection enforcement policy' which can be downloaded from the right hand menu.
Our customer charter
- We will provide a courteous and helpful service
- Every sector of the community will have equal access to the services provided.
- All service enquiries will be responded to as soon as possible and always within 1 week
- If a written response is required a reply will be sent as soon as possible and always within 10 working days
- All telephone messages will be returned within one working day
- You will always be told the name of the person you are speaking to or the name of the person who will be dealing with your enquiry.
- We will keep you informed of progress and, unless otherwise advised, you will receive a monthly progress report until your complaint or enquiry has been completed
- If you are dissatisfied with the Council's service you can complain using our online complaints form
We value any comments that you are able to give us relating to Public Protection in Bexley and would be grateful if you took the time to complete our on-line feedback form which can be accessed from the right hand menu.