- Planning Strategy
- Community Infrastructure Levy and other procedural documents
- The London Plan
- Unitary Development Plan
- Local Development Framework
- Core Strategy
- Planning for neighbourhoods
- Bexley Detailed Policies and Sites Local Plan
- Supplementary and other planning documents
The London Plan
To organise an economic, environmental, transport and social framework for the development of the Capital to 2036.
The London Plan was published in July 2011. It has subsequently been updated by the Revised Early Minor Alterations in October 2013 and then again by the Further Alterations to the London Plan published by the Mayor on 10 March 2015.
The London Plan and its alterations form part of Bexley's Development Plan and are therefore relevant to the determination of planning applications within the borough. A number of new or amended policies have been introduced which will need to be considered alongside the adopted Core Strategy, remaining Saved UDP policies and SPDs.
If you have any questions or queries on this matter please contact the LDF team.
Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy
The Mayor of London introduced a Community Infrastructure Levy on 1 April 2012 to help fund Crossrail. The Levy applies in varying degrees across Greater London. In the London Borough of Bexley, Mayoral CIL is charged at £20 psm plus indexation and applies to planning applications proposing an increase in floorspace of more than 100 square metres or new development that includes provision of new residential development.
There are a number of exemptions including:
- Social housing
- Development by charities of their own land for their charitable purposes
- Self-build housing
- Development used wholly or mainly for the provision of any medical or health services except the use of premises attached to the residence of the consultant or practitioner
- Development used wholly or mainly for the provision of education as a school or college under the Education Acts or as an institution of higher education
The charge applies in addition to, and takes precedence over, the planning obligation contributions required in Bexley's Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document.
Further information can be found on Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy.
- LDF team Full Contact Details