- Planning advice and guidance
- Telecommunications development
- Who are the operators?
- Policy context
- Different types of installation
- Statutory planning regime
- Material considerations
- Health considerations
- Pre-application discussion
- Publicity and community involvement
- Mast register
- Information accompanying planning applications
- Planning decisions
- Further information
The Council will undertake pre-application discussions with operators on proposals for the installation of new masts and other telecommunications development.
Such discussions should help to establish the context for the proposed installation, clarify the policy approach and identify any information that will be requested to supplement any subsequent application.
The Council is able to offer advice on the appropriateness of sites, advise on who is to be consulted before the submission of an application and identify sensitive sites.
Mobile phone operators are also required to submit details annually of their intended developments over the forthcoming year. This is known as the 'roll out' and can inform the Local Planning Authority of the general areas in which operators are looking to install new equipment. When considering pre-application proposals from operators the Council, so as to be in a position to provide the most comprehensive response, will seek the following information:
- A site location plan showing the proposed location in relation to its surroundings
- An elevational scaled drawing depicting the design and height of the proposed installation
- Predictive coverage plots, with and without the installation
- Details of alternative sites and structures considered and if appropriate reasons for discounting these
- Development Control Full details for Development Control