- Your community
- Community right to bid
- Community advice
- Abbey Wood, Belvedere, Thamesmead
- Crayford, Erith, Northumberland Heath, Slade Green
- Bexley and Bexleyheath
- Blackfen, Foots Cray and Sidcup
- Falconwood and Welling
- A to Z of local organisations
- A to Z of famous people
- Hot tips for cold snaps
- Top tips for tough times
- Places of worship
- Street parties
Hot tips for cold snaps
During cold snaps you will be able to find information on council services and advice to help you, your family and neighbours here.
Please check Extreme weather conditions for updates on whether Council services are being affected by bad weather.
Check up on friends, relatives and neighbours who may be more vulnerable to cold weather. Telephone them if you are unable to visit. Check that they are warm and have food and drink
Cold weather is especially dangerous for older people or people with serious illnesses. People with heart or respiratory (breathing) problems may have worse symptoms during a cold spell and for several days after temperatures return to normal.
More information on the items below can be found below:
- Keep warm keep well - advice about how to stay well in winter by keeping warm and what financial support is available
- NHS Live Well - winter health - key ways to keep warm and look after vulnerable people when the weather turns extremely cold
- Age UK - (formally Help the Aged) tips to keep warm, save on heating bills and be a good neighbour
- Pension Service - advice on winter fuel payments
- Thames Water - advice on what to do about frozen or burst water pipes
- Environment Agency - advice and information on flooding
- Met Office - up to date weather information
- Home heating guide - advice on boiler repairs and breakdowns
If you have any comments or extra information that you think other people would find helpful, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications Full details for Communications