- Social care
- Guidance on charges for home care services
- Are there any exceptions when we do not charge?
- What information do we need?
- Disability expenditure assessment
- How do you pay?
- Individual budgets
- How does the assessment work?
- What happens if you do not wish to provide your financial information?
- What happens if you cannot pay?
- When do you have to pay?
- What is the full cost of your care?
- Why we charge
- Will you have to pay the full cost of your care?
- Will your charge change after it has been assessed?
- Your situation has changed, what should you do?
- Will your partner's income be taken into account?
What information do we need?
In order to assess your charge, we will need to know your financial situation.
This information will only be used in order to complete your financial assessment. We take our responsibility to protect your information seriously and will not under any circumstances reveal your personal details to any third party without your prior permission.
In order to complete the assessment we will require you to provide evidence of your savings, income and expenditure. Documents we are likely to need to view copies of include:
- savings and bank account statements;
- national savings certificates;
- pay slips;
- proof of benefit entitlement; and,
- receipts (as listed on the disability expenditure form).
- Financial Assessments Team Full details for Financial Assessments Team