Sport and physical activity projects
Our Vision is for Bexley to become more active, more healthy and more successful by creating opportunities and overcoming barriers to take part in physical activity and sport.
Did you know that adults should be active for at least half an hour and children for at least an hour on most days of the week?
'More Active, More Healthy, More Successful' is a strategy to get Bexley residents taking part in regular physical activity and sport.
More active - Inspiring people to participate in regular physical activity and sport.
More healthy - Helping people understand and enjoy the health benefits from increased and sustained activity.
More successful - Encouraging people to set their own personal participation goals, irrespective of ability, and helping them succeed in leading active and healthy lifestyles.
- Reducing inactivity and increasing participation for everyone
- Ensuring we have the right places in which to participate and the right people to support increased participation
- Improving our marketing and communications
- Developing more effective partnerships, strengthening existing ones and making effective use of our resources
- Having 'Pathways to Success' in place
- Benefiting from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and using the event to raise the profile and importance of physical activity and sport
Together these priorities offer the greatest potential to increase physical activity, sport and other recreational activities within Bexley.
The following list shows some examples of the projects that are taking place. For a full list and more information please see Sport and activity projects under Related Downloads.
|Reducing inactivity and increasing participation for everyone||5K Your Way, (5km run for employees)|
After work badminton club
|People and places||Coach Education courses|
Parkrun (free weekly timed run)
|Marketing and communications||Active Bexley Community Sports Booklet|
|Effective Partnerships and better use of resources||Sportivate funding|
Support for voluntary clubs
|Pathways to success||Adult Beginners jogging course|
Hall Place Football Plan
|Benefiting from London 2012||Development of activities database|