Report fraud or corruption (whistleblowing)

Whistleblowing is when you report suspected wrongdoing in or to an organisation.

We encourage employees and others with serious concerns about any aspect of the Council's work to come forward and voice those concerns.

The Council recognises that certain cases will have to proceed on a confidential basis.

Report fraud or corruption

You may report fraud or corruption for any services for which the Council is responsible.

This could be:

  • reporting someone who you suspect is committing injury fraud
  • reporting a Council employee or contracted representative for fraud or corruption

Where criminal activity is identified, the matter will always be referred to the police.

Please select what you are reporting, as this directs your comments to the correct department confidentially.

While you have a right to remain anonymous, please note that anonymous allegations are more difficult to investigate and less likely to lead to a satisfactory conclusion. If you wish to remain anonymous, simply leave the name and email fields blank.

If you want to report benefit fraud, you can do so on GOV.UK - Benefit fraud or call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. If you would prefer to make your report by post, the address to write to is NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP.

PDF Booklet


Find out more about the Council's commitment in our PDF booklet - Anti-fraud and Corruption Strategy