Jobs with our partners
Job opportunities with partner organisations of the London Borough of Bexley:
South East London Clinical Commissioning Group - Partnership Manager
- Job title: Partnership Manager
- Location: Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7AT
- Salary: £53,168 - £62,001 per annum plus Outer HCAS
- Hours: 37.5 hours
An opportunity has arisen within NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (SELCCG) for a Partnership Manager within the Bexley Place Based Team of SELCCG.
Bexley is facing significant challenges across the health and social care system which are difficult to solve because of incomplete, contradictory and changing requirements that are multifactorial and highly complex. These issues go beyond the ability of one single organisation to resolve and require significant system-wide redesign, mindset and behaviour change to create the necessary impact.
The Bexleycare Partnership is a vehicle for Bexley’s Health and Care Partners to provide system oversight and delivery of Bexley strategy. Members of the Bexleycare Partnership work collaboratively to develop and deliver health and care across the whole system and to recommend key decisions to the Health & Well-being Board.
The postholder will be expected to work confidently and collaboratively within high levels of uncertainty and ambiguity and will have significant experience of partnership working with local authority, wider NHS partners and the voluntary sector.
As the successful candidate you will have experience of designing and leading multi-agency meetings and events and excellent communication, stakeholder management skills and OD skills and experience. You will also have strong programme management experience in commissioning and experience of supporting and leading transformation of services, including the development of models of care.
Whilst this post is offered on a substantive basis, we will consider applicants seeking a secondment for a minimum of 12 months.
For an informal discussion or visit please contact Diana Braithwaite, Borough Director - Operations (Bexley), please email email@example.com.
Interviews and a stakeholder panel via Microsoft Teams are expected to take place during the week commencing Monday 19 October.
Previous applicants need not apply and no agencies.
How to apply?
More information about the job description and how to apply is available on the NHS jobs website.
BexleyCo - Development Manager
- Job title: Development Manager
- Department: BexleyCo Ltd
- Grade & Level: Manager
- Location: Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7AT
- Reporting to: Managing Director
- Package: £65,000 salary plus Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The London Borough of Bexley has a proud history at the heart of the capital’s evolution and gateway to Kent. With London’s growth moving outwards, the borough is entering an exciting new period and the Council has published ambitious plans to harness the benefits of good growth for existing and new residents and businesses. This includes regeneration, primarily along the River Thames, to create 31,000 homes and 17,500 jobs with new infrastructure including an extended Elizabeth Line from Abbey Wood to Ebbs fleet. The area has the potential to be an exemplar, 21st century suburb.
London's economy continues to grow, with much of that growth now moving outwards, especially to the east of the capital. The London Borough of Bexley is seeking to capture and manage that growth and the opportunities it creates. The implementation of the Council’s Growth Strategy will be core activities for BexleyCo over coming years, in particular regeneration along Bexley’s Riverside supported by new infrastructure.
BexleyCo is a local delivery vehicle formed by the London Borough of Bexley.
BexleyCo’s primary objective is to support the Council in delivering its Growth Strategy, making a difference to Bexley as a place as well as acting commercially to generate additional revenue streams.
The Business plan includes developing at pace an initial phase of sites to provide around 500 quality homes and further pipeline of at least 700 new homes.
BexleyCo's contribution will extend far beyond these numbers. The company will be driven by a strong ethos to deliver quality development, great design, enhanced landscape and place. It will look to support local jobs, the wider skills agenda and will actively engage with communities.
Many of our schemes are located in strategically important places such as Felixstowe Road, Abbey Wood, opposite the new Crossrail station and gateway to Peabody’s Housing Zone. Furthermore, BexleyCo will explore the development of employment sites to create new opportunities and support economic development, together with the provision of new community facilities, including education and health care.
Purpose of post
- To manage on behalf of BexleyCo, and be responsible for, the execution and successful delivery
of the Bexley Co Development Programme as set out in the Business Plan’s prescribed
timescales and agreed budget.
- To lead the appointment and management of multi-disciplinary consultant teams.
- To manage the co-ordination of BexleyCo’s design, technical and construction representation
on all allocated projects.
- To assist in the development of Project Management as an essential skill set with Bexley Co Ltd.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Define BexleyCo project requirements, prepare tender documentation and advise on the appointment of consultants and contractors to achieve the best outcomes for BexleyCo.
- Provide robust leadership and full management of projects to support the Development Director in achieving BexleyCo ’s aims.
- Prepare and present reports to the BexleyCo Board and external bodies (public meetings, trust boards, external stakeholders, etc.) concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
- Where BexleyCo becomes involved in direct construction, manage the appointment and procurement of the project team. You will ensure the project structure delivers the required outputs and approve the release of staged payments to contractors and consultants. It is not expected that you will act as construction or contracts manager for any construction projects.
Be fully conversant with different procurement methods and advise appropriately to achieve the best outcomes for BexleyCo
Manage the resolution of complex design and technical problems to provide safe, cost efficient solutions to achieve the best outcomes for BexleyCo
To be fully conversant with, and undertake all work in accordance with:
BexleyCo policies and procedures and standing orders;
Construction (design and management) regulations;
Financial regulations, health & safety; and
Work in accordance with best practice as outlined by the Association for Project Management and other external bodies, e.g. JCT, NEC, RICS, RIBA, MAPM
Assist in the development of post-contract control mechanisms to ensure timely project delivery.
Initiate incentivisation packages and acceleration measures and report to the BexleyCo line manager for approval
Decide where emergency action is necessary, e.g. suspension of operations, or where additional specialist advice is needed
Meet agreed individual and group targets identified through BexleyCo’s appraisal system
Perform other appropriate duties as requested by the Development Director and/or Managing Director
To ensure projects are reported monthly through a suitable project reporting tool
To ensure that all staff comply with and operate in accordance with policies and procedures contained within BexleyCo’s QMS.
Actively seek to implement BexleyCo ’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties
Actively seek to implement BexleyCo ’s Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post
To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade
Comply with BexleyCo’s Financial Regulations and monitor and report budget outturn positions on a regular basis as required, including alerting the Line Manager and Director of any significant budget variance in a timely manner and taking appropriate corrective action.
Find below the key skills and core behaviours required to undertake this post. These will be used in the decision making process.
Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications
- a qualification to chartered professional status (e.g. RICS, RIBA, MAPM, CIBSE, IOB,
ICE, IMECHE or I Struct E)
- sufficient, relevant work experience associated with working at an equivalent level of
knowledge and expertise
- Experience of working for and/or with Public Sector organisations on property and infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable experience of managing external contractors, consultants and specialists.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi-disciplinary internal teams.
- Experience of involvement in multi-million-pound construction projects.
- Experience of the development process including planning consents, appraisal, viability, financing etc.
- Experience of presenting contentious and subjective reports to stakeholders concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
- Experience of negotiating with outside agencies, including solicitors, contractors and multi-disciplinary consultants and other stakeholders on project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
If you would like to know more about this role or would like an informal conversation prior to applying, please contact Graham Ward, Managing Director, by email to Graham.Ward@bexleycohomes.co.uk
How to apply?
Please apply by sending your CV and a supporting statement setting out how you meet the requirements of this role to Graham.Ward@bexleycohomes.co.uk
- Closing Date: Monday 12 October 2020
- Interviews: Week commencing 19 October 2020
See more information about BexleyCo.
Crossroads Care South East London - Registered Manager
- Job title: Registered Manager
- Location: Pier Road Centre, 42 Pier Road, Erith, Kent, DA8 1TA
- Areas of Operation: The London Boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich, Lewisham & surrounding areas
- Line Management: Care Co-ordinator, Allocation Admins
- Responsible For: Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Reports to: Chief Executive
- Salary: £30,500 per annum (inclusive of OLW)
- Hours: 36 hours per week (may include some unsocial hours according to the needs of the business)
- Annual leave: 33 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension: CCSEL operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme with the People’s Pension
You will be responsible for ensuring CQC regulatory framework & standards including inspections are met and further developed.
You will be part of the senior management team that is integral to the success and continued growth of the organisation.
As an ambitious forward-thinking charitable organisation, the successful candidate must be committed to developing and enhancing our services with an ability to manage and optimise services across locations & developing relationships with multiple external stakeholders.
Closing date Friday 25 September 2020
Inspire Community Trust - Flexicare Homecare Services
We are currently recruiting Personal Care Assistants (PA’s) to join our elite Homecare team in your area.
Inspire offers excellent employee support and benefits as a PA. We pride ourselves on the quality of the care our clients receive and are looking for hardworking and caring individuals with a good work ethic and a genuine responsibility towards caring for vulnerable people.
We currently offer £7.45 / hour (weekdays), £7.95 / hour (weekends).
New to Care? Not a problem! Previous care experience is preferred but not essential – full competency-based training is offered to all applicants.
We offer mileage* to all drivers with business insurance. If you do not drive, walkers may be considered.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS and full Induction Training with competency checks.
Speak to a member of staff for more details:
- telephone: 07496 271766
Inspire Community Trust - Finance & Admin Assistant
Community Trust are looking for a Finance & Admin Assistant to assist with the day to day finance including credit control as well as board minute taking and other ad hoc secretarial and admin duties.
This person will be required to deal with sensitive information such as board minutes, customer queries, service user complaints etc, therefore discretion is of the utmost importance. Furthermore, finance, credit control and admin experience would be advantageous.
Inspire will offer competitive rates of pay, automatic inclusion in NEST pension scheme, with 20 days annual leave (pro rata for part-time hours) plus a bank holiday allowance.
Please contact Taurai on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and further information.
Inspire is an equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing date Wednesday 30 September 2020
Age UK Bexley volunteers
Age UK Bexley relies on volunteers to help us offer vital services in the local community. Would you like to lend a hand?
We have a wide range of roles which suit different people and different skills.
- information and advice
- activities support
- dementia support
To find out more please contact us:
Bexley's Volunteer Centre
Sign up to be a volunteer
Helping each other improves the lives of local people and makes our neighbourhoods stronger and better places to live. That benefits everyone.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- supporting patients in GP surgeries as a health champion
- working with children and young people
- acting as an IT angel
- befriending older, sick or housebound neighbours
- becoming a volunteer driver
- joining friendly teams of litter pickers
- becoming a trustee of a local charity
- supporting existing networks such as Neighbourhood Watch
- volunteering in Bexley’s libraries or with Citizen’s Advice Bureau services
Our volunteers get great satisfaction, acquire new skills and make lifelong friends.
Volunteering offers the opportunity to:
- learn new skills
- pursue an interest
- improve your CV
- increase your confidence
- have fun
- gain experience
- be a force for positive change
- make new friends
- feel part of your community while giving something back
How to volunteer in Bexley
Check out available volunteering opportunities online or get in touch with Volunteer Centre Bexley (in person or by telephone) to arrange a face-to-face appointment with our volunteering advisor who will support you to make a choice about what you would like to do. Signposting Appointment Service sessions are held at Central Library, Bexleyheath on Wednesday mornings from 10.15am to 12 noon, and are available by appointment only, so please call 01322 524682 now to book.
We also provide additional support into volunteering roles for people with mental health problems or learning difficulties through our Volunteer Support Project. We will talk through your needs with you, and match you with a role within a local organisation. Even an hour a week can make a difference, so get in touch today.
Spend one to two hours each week visiting a lonely or isolated older person, someone who is bereaved or someone who is housebound.
Do you enjoy chatting with people? Do you have a passion for elderly people who are lonely and isolated? We are seeking people to support Evergreen by providing help once a month for two hours promoting our services at Libraries in the Borough of Bexley (you will not be asked to undertake this role alone).
Service Review Officer
Spend time visiting clients in their own home to carry out a review of the service they are receiving (either befriending or home support).
You will attend a review meeting every six to eight weeks, meeting other review officers and the befriending lead.
If you are interested in any of the above roles contact us on 01322 431765 or email email@example.com