Jobs with our partners
Job opportunities with partner organisations of the London Borough of Bexley:
CEO of BVSC
Inspire Community Trust - Flexicare Homecare Services
We are currently recruiting Personal Care Assistants (PA’s) to join our elite Homecare team in your area.
Inspire offers excellent employee support and benefits as a PA. We pride ourselves on the quality of the care our clients receive and are looking for hardworking and caring individuals with a good work ethic and a genuine responsibility towards caring for vulnerable people.
We currently offer £7.45 / hour (weekdays), £7.95 / hour (weekends).
New to Care? Not a problem! Previous care experience is preferred but not essential – full competency-based training is offered to all applicants.
We offer mileage* to all drivers with business insurance. If you do not drive, walkers may be considered.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS and full Induction Training with competency checks.
Speak to a member of staff for more details:
- telephone: 07496 271766
Community Support Worker
Are you looking for a flexible job where you can make a positive difference in someone's life? At Bexley Mencap we can give you that.
We have opportunities for Community Support Workers to work in Bexley. As a Support worker, you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of care that will enormously contribute to the people we support, helping them to live the life that they want to lead.
This may include:
- supporting people to take part in activities that interest them
- supporting people to live independently and manage their home
- supporting members to attend a Bexley Mencap group or a group in the community
The people you will be supporting all have different hobbies and interests and the right person for this role will hopefully enjoy trying new things and going out into the community. Whether it be a morning down at the local park, bowling, a shopping trip into town, or an evening out with friends, no two days are the same.
We support people during the day, in evenings and weekends so have a variety of hours to suit you. This contract is for 10 hours per week, with the possibility for more, fixed for 6 months at a salary of £10.00 per hour. We also have bank/flexible contracts available.
To find out more and apply please visit the Bexley Mencap website.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate, paid for by Bexley Mencap. Terms and Conditions apply.
Avante Care & Support
- Activities Coordinator - Parkview Care home
- Care Services Assistant - Days - Nightbourne Court Care Home
- Care Services Assistant - Days - Parkview Care Home
- Care Services Assistant - Days - Riverdale Court Care Home
- Care Services Assistant - Nights - Northbourne Court Care Home
- Care Services Assistant - Nights - Parkview Care Home
- Care Services Assistant - Nights - Riverdale Court Care Home
- Domestic Assistant - Riverdale Court Care Home
- Domestic Assistant - Northbourne Court Care Home
- Domestic Supervisor - Riverdale Court Care Home
- Head Cook - Northbourne Court Care Home
- Laundry Assistant - Northbourne Court Care Home
- Senior Care Lead - Days - Parkview Care Home
- Senior Care Lead - Days - Riverdale Court Care Home
- Senior Care Lead - Nights - Northbourne Court Care Home
- Senior Care Lead - Nights - Parkview Care Home
- Senior Care Lead - Nights - Riverdale Court Care Home
Four seasons health care group
St Aubyns Nursing Home - Healthcare Assistant
The key responsibilities of our Care Assistants include:
- Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
- Supporting residents at mealtimes, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard, including:
- shared areas
- ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings, and participating in training sessions.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors, and colleagues.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Staff Benefits
- Free uniforms and parking on site
St Aubyns Nursing home is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Karuna Care Limited Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
St Aubyns Nursing Home - Housekeeping assistant
St Aubyns Nursing Home is a 39 Bed Conventional Nursing Home in Sidcup.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic person who is able to make a difference to the elderly.
Residents in our Home are aged 65 and above, who require lots of support in their day-to-day activities. We are looking for Motivated staff who can make a difference to their lives.
Hours of work will be 8am to 1:30pm, five days a week including alternative weekends.
The housekeeping staff have the responsibility to maintain the high standard of cleanliness of the home and to prevent any spread of infections. Staff are expected for the safe use of disinfectants, safe storage of cleaning materials, cleaning of residents rooms, communal living areas, bathrooms ,toilets and Showers etc. Duties include a specific procedure for the disposal of household refuse and disposal of waste in the Home, preparing the New Residents Room.
Pre-school Executive Manager
- Job location: St Paul's Church Pre-School, Mill Road, Erith
- Job role: Executive Manager
- Date posted: 13 October 2021
- Salary: £9,500 to £10,265 per annum inclusive
- Hours: 9 to 12, Monday to Friday. Term time only
- Job location: Erith, Kent
- Company: St Paul's Pre-School
St Paul's Pre-school is based in St Paul's Church, Erith and is situated very close to Northumberland Heath Primary School.
St Paul's currently has 20+ children on our roll. Our children enjoy lots of outside play within our well-planned outdoor environment as well as stimulating indoor space.
As a pre-school we offer new experiences for our children with opportunities to attend outings and trips within the local community. We also work closely with the children’s families by building key relationships to offer support and guidance.
The team at St Paul's are made up of qualified practitioners who work well together in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, who enjoy using the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum to teach and progress our children from many diverse backgrounds. We plan fun and exciting activities to ensure the children are stimulated to learn, explore and grow.
Hours per week: 15
Weeks per year: 39
Qualification type: Level 4
- work closely with the Manager
- ensuring that the early years service delivered is of the highest quality
- ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements
- you will be responsible for the financial sustainability of the nursery
- you will be responsible for paying the monthly salaries using SAGE
- marketing services within the local community and meeting local needs
- you will also work with your team to offer a range of services and advice to support parents
- keep up-to-date with EYFS changes and ensure our policies and procedures reflect these
- successful applicants will need a minimum Level 4 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent
- proven experience in running or helping to run a similar service
- the ability to manage resources to ensure the setting's expenditure and income is in line with its budget
- the ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies
- knowledge of SAGE to pay staff salaries
- sound IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office programmes, Tapestry software, social media platforms and online portals effectively
- the ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external agencies
- you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service
- employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- flexible working environment
- 10% discount on childcare places
Closing date is Friday 12 November at 3:00pm.
Interviews to be held on Friday 19 November.
How to apply?
Please send covering letter (one side A4) plus CV with two referees for the attention of:
- Lauraine Wells
- Email: Stpaulspreschool@outlook.com
Spend one to two hours each week visiting a lonely or isolated older person, someone who is bereaved or someone who is housebound.
Do you enjoy chatting with people? Do you have a passion for elderly people who are lonely and isolated? We are seeking people to support Evergreen by providing help once a month for two hours promoting our services at Libraries in the Borough of Bexley (you will not be asked to undertake this role alone).
Service Review Officer
Spend time visiting clients in their own home to carry out a review of the service they are receiving (either befriending or home support).
You will attend a review meeting every six to eight weeks, meeting other review officers and the befriending lead.
If you are interested in any of the above roles contact us on 01322 431765 or email email@example.com
Age UK Bexley volunteers
Age UK Bexley relies on volunteers to help us offer vital services in the local community. Would you like to lend a hand?
We have a wide range of roles which suit different people and different skills.
- information and advice
- activities support
- dementia support
To find out more please contact us:
Bexley's Volunteer Centre
Sign up to be a volunteer
Helping each other improves the lives of local people and makes our neighbourhoods stronger and better places to live. That benefits everyone.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- supporting patients in GP surgeries as a health champion
- working with children and young people
- acting as an IT angel
- befriending older, sick or housebound neighbours
- becoming a volunteer driver
- joining friendly teams of litter pickers
- becoming a trustee of a local charity
- supporting existing networks such as Neighbourhood Watch
- volunteering in Bexley’s libraries or with Citizen’s Advice Bureau services
Our volunteers get great satisfaction, acquire new skills and make lifelong friends.
Volunteering offers the opportunity to:
- learn new skills
- pursue an interest
- improve your CV
- increase your confidence
- have fun
- gain experience
- be a force for positive change
- make new friends
- feel part of your community while giving something back
How to volunteer in Bexley
Check out available volunteering opportunities online or get in touch with Volunteer Centre Bexley (in person or by telephone) to arrange a face-to-face appointment with our volunteering advisor who will support you to make a choice about what you would like to do. Signposting Appointment Service sessions are held at Central Library, Bexleyheath on Wednesday mornings from 10.15am to 12 noon, and are available by appointment only, so please call 01322 524682 now to book.
We also provide additional support into volunteering roles for people with mental health problems or learning difficulties through our Volunteer Support Project. We will talk through your needs with you, and match you with a role within a local organisation. Even an hour a week can make a difference, so get in touch today.