Local London has been leading in the development of a Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP) for the Local London area; this forms one of the four sub-regional annexes to the pan-London LSIP being developed by Business LDN.
The LSIP is an employer-led and data-driven plan for better matching training provision to employer skills demands. Throughout the first half of 2023, in partnership with the Institute for Employment Studies (IES), we have been engaging with local businesses, employer representative groups, training providers and other stakeholders through workshops, in-person and online events, one-to-one interviews and a stakeholder survey, to get a better understanding of the skills needs in the Local London area. In June, the London LSIP was submitted to the Department of Education and it has now been approved.
On 14 September from 12.30 to 2pm we will be holding an online launch of our LSIP, setting out our findings and recommendations, as well as the next steps towards making our LSIP recommendations a reality.
At this event, you will hear from:
- Cllr Baroness O'Neill of Bexley OBE, Leader of Bexley Borough Council and Chairman of Local London on the importance of LSIPs
- Dr Noorzaman Rashid, Chief Executive of CEME on the skills issues currently facing industry
- The Institute Institute of Employment Studies on their findings
- London South East Colleges on how local training providers are responding to the LSIP
- Local London on how we will be progressing this work
- you will also get an opportunity to ask questions
We very much hope that you will be able to join us.