- Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships service
- Care Home Support Implementation Status
- COVID-19 testing centres in Bexley
- COVID-19 vaccines
- Self-isolation and daily testing for close contacts of COVID-19
- COVID-19 testing for schools
- Guidance and support for businesses
- Report health and safety concerns at a workplace
- Housing services support
- Parking services information
- Planning service changes
- Concerned about a vulnerable adult, child or young person
Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships service
Bexley is still receiving a really high volume of enquiries, which are affecting our phone lines and our response times. If you have emailed in, please bear with us.
Please read the information below in the first instance for all Birth, Deaths, Citizenship, Ceremonies and Certificate enquiries.
If there are any home births born within Bexley, please email email@example.com
For all other Kent birth registrations, please visit Register a birth.
If you need any further information about registering a birth, call us on 03000 415151.
Due to the current situation with coronavirus, it is not possible to book an appointment to register a death in person. Instead, death registrations will be carried out by telephone.
Bexley reverted to its pre-covid arrangements for ceremonies from 19 July, this means:
- ceremony attendee numbers will revert to their pre-covid capacity for your room/venue. This would be the number confirmed for the room when you booked, but if any doubt you can check the details on the Kentish Ceremonies website or with your approved premise venue
- ceremony content will be in line with the options available in the Kentish Ceremony choices pack (readings and music will be possible)
- as many ceremonies will still be in indoor public venues, in line with the government advice, we expect and encourage guests at ceremonies to wear face coverings unless exempt
For more information visit the Kentish Ceremonies website.
Small ceremonies are currently taking place.
You would normally expect to book your ceremony within 3 months of being sent an official invitation from the Home Office. Due to COVID-19 this has been delayed till 6 months.
If you are successful in your application, the Home Office will send you a confirmation letter. The letter states that you must wait until you receive a formal invitation before booking your ceremony.
If you have not yet received the official ceremony invitation please wait and do not contact us. Once we have received the notification from the Home Office, we will be able to book your ceremony.
Certificate Centre enquiries
Our Certificate Centre is running a limited service and certificates will be issued as soon as we are able.
The Certificate Centre is closed for face to face certificate requests.
To purchase a certificate please apply on the Kent County Council page or by telephone on 03000 419300.