COVID-19 testing centres in Bexley
Universal free COVID symptomatic testing for the public ended on 1 April as part of the ‘Living with Covid’ plan which sets out the government’s strategy to live with and manage the virus.
Testing will instead be focused on those most at risk of serious illness.
If you have symptoms
Free symptomatic (PCR) testing will only be provided for:
- hospital patients
- people who are eligible for community COVID-19 treatments because they are at higher risk of getting seriously ill. People in this group will be contacted directly
- people living or working in some high-risk settings (this includes care homes and adult social care settings)
If you don't have symptoms
From 1 April asymptomatic or no symptoms rapid lateral flow tests (LFTs) are no longer free.
Pharmacies and other private providers will sell no symptom lateral flow tests to the public and they will set the charges for these.
Free Lateral Flow Tests will only be available in some high-risk settings where infection can spread rapidly. These include:
- patient-facing staff in the NHS and NHS-commissioned providers
- staff in hospices and adult social care services, such as homecare organisations and care homes, and a small number of care home visitors who provide personal care
- staff and residents in residential SEND settings and care home staff and residents during an outbreak and for care home residents upon admission
- staff in some prisons and in domestic abuse refuges and homelessness settings
Find out more on who can get free testing at Changes to COVID-19 testing in England from 1 April - GOV.UK.