An overview of business rates on how your rates are calculated, the 2017 revaluation and the appeal procedure to the Valuation Office Agency visit GOV.UK.
- the explanatory notes provide further information about the bill and an explanation of the various reliefs
- information on the Council’s funding can be found in the following document, Council Tax 2020 to 2021 (PDF, 2.2MB)
- register to manage and review your account, you will be able to notify us of moving/moving out and set up e-billing, apply for new ratepayer details
- if you are a charitable body, community amateur sports club or Academy school, please apply for Mandatory Rate Relief
- Please apply for Small business rate relief if you think you are eligible
Your business rate bill is based on the rateable value of the property and the multiplier.
- Non-domestic rate multiplier – 49.3p (0.493)
- Small business non-domestic rating multiplier – 48.0p (0.480)
- Non-domestic rate multiplier - 50.4p (0.504)
- Small business non-domestic rating multiplier - 49.1p (0.491)
- Non-domestic rate multiplier - 51.2p (0.512)
- Small business non-domestic rating multiplier - 49.9p (0.499)
Businesses in London with a rateable value over £70,000 also pay the Business Rate Supplement which is charged by the Greater London Authority in relation to the Crossrail project. Further information can be found at www.london.gov.uk/crossrail-brs
How do I pay?
- direct debit - is the easiest way to pay your business rates
- debit card - pay your business rates by using our pay your Business rates form
- telephone - pay via touch-tone telephone, telephone 020 3045 5200
- internet banking - quote your business rate reference and the following Council bank details:
- Sort code 51-70-14
- Account number 21101183
- Cheque - payable to ‘London Borough of Bexley’ and write your reference number on the reverse of the cheque and post to:
London Borough of Bexley
PO Box 368
Are you having problems with paying your bill?
If you do not inform us that you are having difficulty making regular payments, you may incur further costs.
- to discuss payment or request to pay over 12 instalments:
- telephone 020 8315 2174
- email email@example.com
- if an instalment is not paid on the due date a reminder notice is sent
- if unpaid, the full balance of the year’s business rates will be payable with court costs
- further costs will be raised if the debt is passed to enforcement agents
- applications may also be made for bankruptcy or liquidation
- in exceptional circumstances, consideration will be given to applications for Hardship Relief for small businesses struggling to trade
Details of all Business properties, including empty ones, are updated quarterly and can be found in the two spreadsheets below.