The Neater Neighbourhoods project is a Bexley initiative to encourage residents to take pride in their neighbourhoods, improve neighbourly relationships and take action on eyesore gardens.
Complete our reporting form and let us know about any areas that we need to investigate.
Residents working together to clean up their neighbourhoods will make places feel more welcoming, as well as reducing criminal activity and property devaluation.
The Bexley Tidy Garden Standard considers gardens untidy if any of the following applies:
- the garden is overgrown and creates an eyesore
- there is accumulated household waste, including but not limited to bags of rubbish, broken toys, broken garden furniture
- there are bulky household items, including but not limited to white goods, sofa, mattresses
- fences, gates, sheds are in disrepair
- there are scrap cars or car parts in the garden
- there is accumulated building waste
Gardens which fall outside this standard will be visited by the Neater Neighbourhoods Team; we will then discuss with the property resident the steps that need to be taken to make the necessary improvements.
We will be working closely with other agencies, community groups and charities to offer assistance to residents where there are clear barriers to keeping their gardens within the Tidy Garden Standard.
We will always try to work with and support residents who need assistance to tidy up their gardens. However, enforcement action will be taken against those who continually ignore the Council’s requests to make identified improvements.
If you would like to speak to someone in the Neater Neighbourhoods Team please call 020 8303 7777 or email email@example.com