The provision of Security Services at LB Bexley sites. The services are currently provided under a total facilities management contract with one provider which will expire on 31st August 2020. There are currently six sites in scope: two long term operational sites including Bexley Civic Offices, and four short term, non-operational sites.
The Council requires the service provider to deliver security services at the detailed Sites, providing a safe and secure environment for the Council’s staff, visitors, clients, Councillors and nominated contractor staff at all times.
The contract will be for a period of 3 years with an option to extend for a further 2 years (12 months + 12 months) to a maximum term of 5 years.
£124,000 - £224,000, per annum.
Health and safety requirements
In meeting the duties placed by the health and safety at work etc act 1974, and subordinate legislation, the Council has selected the pre-qualification schemes that form the safety schemes in procurement (SSIP) forum as the minimum standards of health and safety (H&S) competence required.
Compliance with any one of these standards, details of which are available on SSIP website demonstrates an understanding of H&S law and its application in the working environment. As far as the Council is concerned the most common standards used are CHAS EXOR and OHSAS
Only companies suitably registered (with regards to H&S) by an SSIP forum member as ‘compliant’ (this compliance must also be ‘valid’ ie assessed within the last year) shall be invited to tender, therefore any application your company may need to make to any of these bodies must be completed successfully by the date any tender is issued. The Council will carry out a final check on registration just prior to tender invitation and companies not suitably registered at that time will not be invited to tender.
Contractors are expected to maintain a compliant registration (with regards to H&S) with an SSIP forum member for the duration of any contract.
Where applicable, European equivalents to the above will be accepted.
This procurement is subject to the EU Open Procedure and a Contract Notice has been separately published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). Relevant procurement documentation consisting of tender documents (for your completion) is available via the London Tenders Portal (details below).
Potential providers should be aware that the transfer of undertakings (protection of employment) regulations (TUPE) may apply.
How to express an interest
If you wish to apply for this contract please follow the steps below:
- register your company free of charge on LTP
- await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password for the LTP
- use your username and password to log into the LTP and express your interest in the relevant contract number & category
- shortly after you have expressed interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the procurement documents
- If you wish to apply for e-mail alerts of future opportunities, please register your company free of charge on the LTP
- Tick all categories you are interested in being notified about - you will only receive e-mail alerts for those categories which you select
- Closing date for tender returns: 22/06/2020
If you wish any further information, please contact: