To balance our budget next year, we need to find £10 million.
We're doing everything we can to keep your Council Tax low.
Our plans for next year include investing in initiatives that will reduce our costs. We're also considering reducing or stopping some services which are good to have, but not essential.
We would like to know what you think about our priorities and plans before we make our decisions.
Our budget priorities are:
- Helping people, especially our young people, gain the education and skills they need to get jobs in the new economy Keeping vulnerable people safe and improving our children's services
- Improving our schools
- Encouraging people to take better care of their own health and well-being, and supporting them to reduce the calls they need to make on health and social care services
- Maintaining the borough's infrastructure and the local environment for the benefit of current and future generations
We will read and consider all the feedback we receive and publish our draft budget strategy on 27 January 2014.
Consultation method: Online survey
Contact: Consultation team
The draft Budget Strategy, feedback from the Budget 2014 consultation and draft equalities impact assessments on the Council's savings proposals are available using the links below:
- Draft Budget Strategy
- Proposed fees and charges 2014/15
- Report of consultation and equalities impact assessment
This consultation is now closed.