Have your say on the Council’s budget plans
Local people are invited to have their say on the Council’s budget for the 2020/21 financial year.
The Council is asking people to complete its online survey.
Paper copies of the survey are available from Bexley libraries.
The deadline for responses is 6 January 2020.
The draft proposals on which people are being asked to comment include –
• Making the best use of the Council’s assets, including land and buildings;
• Re-procuring and re-negotiating contracts which are due to expire, or be extended;
• Looking for ways to work differently in partnership with others, including local communities;
• Considering action to influence and reduce demand for services;
• Exploiting opportunities for digital transformation;
• Maximising the potential for generating income and taking a commercial approach where appropriate;
• Looking at where investment now can save money in the longer term;
• Looking for opportunities to support residents to do more for themselves;
• Ensuring the Council is as efficient as possible and is practicing robust ‘housekeeping’.
People are also invited to comment on the Council’s schedule of proposed fees and charges for 2020/21, its investment programme and to suggest ways they think the Council could save money.
The Council’s Cabinet will consider the feedback from the consultation at its meeting on 27 January. It will meet again on 25 February to recommend a final budget and Council Tax to the full Council meeting on 4 March.