Nominations open: Caring at its Best Awards
Nominations are now open for the Council’s Caring at its Best Awards. Now in their second year, the awards ceremony is an opportunity for the Council to recognise the borough’s best carers and caring services in the voluntary, independent and private sectors.
Adults receiving care in Bexley, or their family members, are invited to nominate their carer or support service for an award by Wednesday 31 July.
Simply visit Caring at its Best Awards 2019 for more information about how to nominate online or by post.
This year, there are nine categories
- Home Care for Adults (Individual/Team)
- Home Care for Adults (Organisation)
- Community Access Support/ Day Care for Adults (Individual/Team)
- Community Access Support/ Day Care for Adults (Organisation)
- Adult Learning Disability Services (Individual/Team)
- Adult Learning Disability Services (Organisation)
- Residential Care/ Supported Living Services (Individual/Team)
- Residential Care/ Supported Living Services (Organisation)
- Volunteer (Individual)
Councillor Brad Smith, Cabinet Member for Adults’ Services said: “People who care for vulnerable adults are often among some of Bexley’s unsung heroes, which is why these awards are so important. It’s an opportunity for us to recognise and reward Bexley’s very best and give them praise and respect for the amazing work that they do every day. Please help us to get even more nominations for carers and caring services this year, by nominating someone or an organisation today.”
The Council will be inviting all shortlisted nominees to its Awards Ceremony on Friday 18 October at the Civic Offices in Bexleyheath to celebrate and announce the winners.