Connect Care collects your important health and social care information into a web portal where it can be read by social care and NHS staff who are directly involved in your care. This information will help then make better and faster decisions about the best care services to provide to you.
The information in Connect Care is collected from many different health and social care information systems including from hospitals, community health bodies, GPs, and local councils. The Connect Care web portal is managed by the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and below you can find a full list of organisations sharing information in Connect Care.
Connect Care Privacy Notice
The organisation providing you with this privacy notice, and controlling the social care data shared in Connect Care, is the London Borough of Bexley (the Council).
Health and social care information is being shared in order to improve the level of service that all organisations provide in delivering care.
In terms of the Data Protection Act the Council is both the Data Controller and the Data Processor of Council adult social care information shared on Connect Care.
Information shared on Connect Care
Information comes from a variety of organisations and information systems. The type of information shared includes:
- name, address and date of birth
- NHS number - see Use of your NHS Number
- dates of hospital appointments, admissions and discharges
- known allergies
- x-ray and blood test results
- social care assessments and services provided
If you do not want any of your health or social care information to be shared on Connect Care, you can refuse (opt out) by completing the form on Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
More information about the Connect Care programme can be found on Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Connect Care FAQs.
Organisations sharing information in Connect Care
The organisations listed below are participating in sharing information through Connect Care.
- Lewisham GP Practices
- Greenwich GP Practices
- Bexley GP Practices
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- London Borough of Lewisham (adult social care)
- Royal Borough of Greenwich (social care)
- London Borough of Bexley (adult social care)
- Out of hours care for Greenwich GP Practices (Greenbrook)
- Out of hours care for Lewisham GP Practices (SELDOC)
These organisations process personal data which relates to your wellbeing, development, safety, behaviour, physical/mental health, and social care.
All members of staff employed by these agencies are bound by the common law duty of confidentiality which means that information that you provide to us (and to these other organisations) must be held in confidence and not shared with anyone else unless:
- partners are legally obliged or permitted to disclose the information to another organisation or person
- you provide consent to share the information
- protocols are in place permitting partners to share information about you to support any intervention or services provided