How to apply

On 31 October 2016, the London Borough of Bexley joined the Licensing Partnership to process and issue licensing applications for Bexley Council.

The Licensing Partnership is a partnership of local authorities comprising Maidstone Borough Council, Sevenoaks District Council and Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.

Central administration for the Licensing Partnership is based at Sevenoaks, with Licensing Officers located at each local authority. The team at Sevenoaks will input applications, process payments (except continuation fees), deal with administrative queries and issue licences.

The manufacture or storage of explosives (including fireworks) may require a licence.

A summary and guidance on the manufacture and storage of explosives regulations are available on HSE - Explosives. If you intend to sell fireworks outside of prescribed times you will require a separate licence.

If you wish to manufacture explosives, you will need to obtain a licence from the Health and Safety Executive.

If you wish to store fireworks you are, subject to certain exemptions, required to obtain a licence with the Licensing Partnership.

Fees and charges

Fireworks Regulations 2004.

  • licence of premises to sell fireworks all year £500

The Explosives Regulations 2014.

Licence to store explosives

Licence to store explosives where a minimum separation distance of greater than 0 metres is prescribed.

New grant:

  • one year duration £185
  • two year duration £243
  • three year duration £304
  • four year duration £374
  • five year duration £423


  • one year duration £86
  • two year duration £147
  • three year duration £206
  • four year duration £266
  • five year duration £326

Licence to store explosives where no minimum separation distance or a 0 metres minimum separation distance is prescribed.

New grant:

  • one year duration £109
  • two year duration £141
  • three year duration £173
  • four year duration £206
  • five year duration £238


  • one year duration £54
  • two year duration £86
  • three year duration £120
  • four year duration £152
  • five year duration £185

Varying a licence:

  • change of name of licensee or address of site £36
  • any other kind of variation (the reasonable cost to the licensing authority of having the work carried out) £52
  • transfer of licence or registration £36
  • replacement of licence if lost £36


To make an application contact:

Licensing Partnership
P.O. Box 182
TN13 1GP

Or email:

Storage licence (PDF)*

* This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format

Please note that licences run from 1 September to 31 August. Fees will be adjusted proportionally if you apply after 1 September.

If you wish to store other explosives or need further information, please contact the Licensing Partnership.


If you intend to sell fireworks, other than during the following periods, you will require a licence under the Firework Regulations 2004:

  • New Year
  • Chinese New Year
  • 15 October to 10 November
  • Diwali

Licence application to sell fireworks all year (PDF)

† This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format