- all childcare settings including childminders, pre-schools and nurseries follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- this provides a structure of play based learning, care and development for children from birth to five years
- the EYFS guide tells parents and carers more about how your child is learning and developing during their first five years
- if your child has Special Educational Needs, additional support may be available to your child’s childcare setting
- for further information visit the Local Offer or alternatively speak to your childcare provider
Support for childcare providers
Bexley’s Early Years Team is made up of two elements, the Early Years Advisors and the Early Years Support Officers who can provide support for childcare settings.
The team offer:
- strategically planned and professionally delivered training programmes which can be accessed online via Bexley Service Network
- if you do not have an account and would like to access our training contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- support and guidance with any aspect of childcare, including business support, defining training needs and support around safeguarding
- they are also able to come and visit your setting to offer more intense and prolonged support. There may be a charge for some services
- support with the Early Years Foundation Stage including, bespoke training, advice and guidance
- the team also help to identify children with special educational needs and disabilities to ensure their needs are being met within the setting
- there may be a charge for some services
30 hours free childcare – providers
From September 2017 working families will be eligible to receive up to 30 hours free childcare. To ensure that we are able to meet the needs of families and providers in Bexley, we have devised a survey to gather information about current and future childcare provision.
To help us support Bexley childcare providers to meet the requirements of the additional hours, we would be grateful if you would take the time to complete the survey. It should take no more than five minutes.
Should you have any questions, contact your Early Years Support Officer.