The application period for entry to reception in September 2017 has now closed.
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, and you have not yet applied, contact the School Admissions team for information on submitting a late application.
- offers of Reception places for September 2017 will be sent to parents who applied before the closing date on Tuesday 18 April 2017
- if you applied after the closing date, you will be notified in May of the place offered
- you will receive an email with details of the school offered during the evening of 18 April
- if you are offered your first preference school, you will not receive a separate letter
- if you are offered your second preference school or lower, you will receive a letter as well as the email
- all parents who applied online can also accept or decline their offer online
Applications on a paper form
- a letter will be posted to your home address by first class post on Tuesday 18 April
- the letter will include an acceptance/decline form for you to return
Offers should be accepted or declined by 2 May 2017.
If you are not offered your first preference school, your letter will contain details of how to place your child’s name on a waiting list and details of the admission authority for each primary school in Bexley for enquiries about why a place has not been offered and about appeals.
- you have the right to appeal if you are not offered a place at one of the schools that you listed on your application form
- the closing date for the receipt of appeals for Reception places in community and voluntary controlled schools is Wednesday 17 May 2017
- appeals submitted by that date will be heard in June or the first half of July, and you will be given at least 10 school days' notice of the appeal date
- your appeal will still be heard if you submit the form later than 17 May, but you may have to wait longer for a date for the appeal to be arranged