Children born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 can sit the Bexley selection test in September 2018 when they are in Year 6 of primary school.
- register your child online between 1 May and 8 July 2018
- this includes all children who attend primary schools in Bexley
- the link to the online registration site will be on this page from Tuesday 1 May
- test sessions will be on Tuesday 11 or Wednesday 12 September 2018
- all registered children who attend a primary school in Bexley will sit the test on the morning of 12 September, either in their own school or in a test centre
- all other children will be invited to one morning or afternoon test session on either 11 or 12 September at a secondary school in Bexley
- you can apply for special arrangements if your child has a disability or special need
There will be two test papers containing a mixture of questions on verbal reasoning and comprehension, non-verbal reasoning and mathematical reasoning.
Each paper will be divided into timed sections, and instructions will be given on an audio soundtrack. Most questions are multiple choice, and all answers are marked on a separate machine-readable answer sheet. There will be a short break between the two test papers.
All parents who register their child for the test will be sent a link to practice questions. The test provider, CEM, does not sell past papers or practice books.