Council Tax is a tax on domestic properties, which helps to pay for local services. Information on your council tax can be found in the following document, Council Tax 2017 to 2018 (PDF, 5MB).
- direct debit - is the easiest way to pay your Council Tax
- telephone - pay via touch tone telephone, telephone 020 3045 5200
- libraries - pay at any Bexley library in the borough by debit card
- standing order - pay by setting up a standing order with your bank by quoting your Council Tax reference number and the following Council bank details:
- Sort code 51-70-14
- Account number 21101183
Different properties have different Council Tax property bands, check your Council Tax band.
|The London Borough of Bexley Council Tax bands 2017 to 2018|
|Band||Property valuation||Annual Council Tax|
|A||Up to and including £40,000||£1,016.13|
|B||£40,001 to £52,000||£1,185.48|
|C||£52,001 to £68,000||£1,354.84|
|D||£68,001 to £88,000||£1,524.19|
|E||£88,001 to £120,000||£1,862.90|
|F||£120,001 to £160,000||£2,201.60|
|G||£160,001 to £320,000||£2,540.32|
|H||More than £320,000||£3,048.38|
If you have moved property, you must tell us by using our report a change of address form.
If you believe that you have overpaid for your Council Tax and may be entitled to a refund, tell us by using our application for a Council Tax refund form.
If you live in a property on your own, you may be entitled to a Single Person discount, tell us by using our Single Person Discount form.
If you receive a Single Person Discount, please complete the Single Person Discount Review form.
To see whether you are entitled to any other discounts or exemptions, use our Council Tax Discount forms.
If you would like to set up a payment arrangement for your Council Tax, use our Council Tax Payment Arrangement Request form.
If you are in financial difficulty and need financial support in paying your Council Tax, different options are available via the Council Tax Reduction Scheme.
There are different organisations that you can speak to about financial support. Some of these are:
If a Council Tax payer has died, and you need to cancel their Council Tax payments notify the Tell Us Once service, this is a service that will let you report the information.
We may share your information with other Council departments and government agencies to prevent and / or detect fraud and for the purposes of debt recovery.
For any queries contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0345 302 2317 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- write to: Bexley Council Tax
PO Box 367
Kent DA8 1UA
- visit: You will need to make an appointment by phone if you wish to speak to someone at Erith Town Hall