What is Council Tax
Council Tax is a tax on domestic properties, which helps to pay for local services.
The charge is based on 50% property and 50% people based on valuations as of 1 April 1991, therefore you could qualify for a discount or exemption from paying Council Tax if you or your property meet the correct criteria.
Get organised, manage your Council Tax account online
When you register for a Council Tax online account you can:
- make a payment
- setup and pay by Direct Debit
- view your bill
- report a change of address
- apply for a refund if you have overpaid your Council Tax account
- request a payment arrangement
- apply for a Discount/Exemption
- search Council Tax bands