European Parliamentary Election for the London Region – 23 May 2019
On this page
- Have you registered to vote?
- Postal and proxy voting
- Voting by post
- Are you an EU citizen living in the UK?
- Notice of election
- Statement of Persons Nominated
- Situation of Polling Stations
Have you registered to vote?
The Notice of Election for the European Parliamentary Elections was published on Monday 15 April 2019. The election in the UK will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 and the votes will be counted on Sunday 26 May 2019.
In order to cast your vote, you must be registered. If you are not registered you have until 7 May to register to vote.
Postal and proxy voting
Applications for postal votes and postal proxy votes should be received by 8 May.
Applications to vote by proxy should be received by 15 May.
Voting by post
If you are voting by post, you will receive a Postal Voting Statement which you will need to complete with your signature and date of birth.
On the Postal Voting Statement (PVS) - The year of your Date of Birth (DOB) is pre-printed. This information is captured from the data held within our Electoral management system.
For electors born in 1900s, the PVS will have the digits 19-- pre-printed in the year of the date of birth (DOB). For electors born in 2000s, the PVS will have the digits 20-- pre-printed in the year of the date of birth (DOB). You will need to enter the remaining 2 digits in the blank boxes to complete your year of birth.
Are you an EU citizen living in the UK?
If you are an EU citizen (excluding UK, Republic of Ireland, Malta or Cyprus) you must also complete a UC1 declaration by 7 May.
Without the UC1 declaration, EU citizens will not be able to vote in the UK.
If you are a citizen of a European Union country (other than the UK, Republic of Ireland, Malta and Cyprus), you can either vote in the UK or in your home country. You cannot vote twice.
To vote in the UK, you need to:
- be registered to vote - new applications to vote in person to be received by 7 May
- complete a form stating you wish to vote in the UK and not in your home country – UC1 form (see below) to be received by 7 May
(NB: If you are already registered, you will have been sent the relevant UC1 form)
After completing the form, you can scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send it via post to the Elections Team at the London Borough of Bexley (Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AT) by 7 May 2019.
NOTICE OF ELECTION (PDF copy, 33kB)
European Parliamentary Election for the London Region
23 May 2019
- An election is to be held of eight (8) Members to serve in the European Parliament for the London Region.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the Regional Returning Officer at the address below, and from the electoral commission website.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Regional Returning Officer at the address below, between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any date after the date of this notice, but no later than 4pm on Thursday 25 April 2019.
- The deposit for each registered party or individual candidate is £5,000 and can be paid by cash, bankers draft, or with my permission by electronic transfer.
- Applications to be included on the register of electors to be used at this election must reach the relevant London Authority Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, or work reasons, where that physical incapacity or work requirement occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 15 May, must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 23 May 2019.
Dated: Monday 15 April 2019
Regional Returning Officer for London
Address for nominations:
Electoral Services Office, Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
Email enquiries to email@example.com
Published by the Regional Returning Officer for London, Laurence House, Catford, London SE6 4RU
Statement of Persons Nominated
Situation of Polling Stations
The situation of Polling Stations and the descriptions of persons entitled to vote thereat are available on the following document, Situation of Polling Stations (PDF, 76KB).