The Council is committed to bringing empty properties back into occupation. Bringing your empty property back into use can
- earn you money - from rental income or from a sale
- providing a home
- secure your property from vandalism, dilapidation and depreciation
The Council can assist you in this process by providing the following:
- a non-repayable grant up to £5,000 for properties entering into the private sector leasing scheme
- an interest-free loan is up to £20,000 for properties entering into the private sector leasing scheme
- a deposit bond in place of a cash deposit when a let is agreed under the rent direct scheme
- a contact list for parties interested in purchasing empty properties
To find out more please contact the Council’s Private Sector Leasing Team.
Are you aware of a property left standing empty and want us to investigate?
To report an empty property which is dilapidated please complete the housing advice or complaints form.